Last year, Amazon Prime offered a discounted rate to join the service. For those not familiar, for $99 a year, Amazon offers 2-day free shipping and a slew of extras. We hemmed and hawed about it and decided we didn’t need it. How much did we order online anyways that we need free shipping?
Before we moved, they offered a discounted rate again. I figured with the new house, we might be ordering online more.
It was one of the best decisions I’ve made.
If you haven’t been bitten by the Prime bug yet, this Amazon Prime deal is back again on Friday. First-time users can join for $79 instead of $99 beginning at midnight on Friday. Deal ends at 11:59pm ET. The deal is available via a special landing page.
Prime isn’t just about free 2-day shipping. There are tons of perks like one free Kindle book a month and free unlimited photo storage. But here are the reasons why I love Prime:
- Prime is like your assistant. Light bulb blows out? Can’t find a medicine at the drugstore? Order it on prime and it will be there in two days. It has made life so much easier, especially when I know I don’t have time to run out and hunt down a specialty item.
- Prime makes you a better gift giver. It could be a birthday party or a new baby, but I’m always late on getting a gift. Sometimes it may be en route to meet your baby that I will stop and pick something up. With Prime, I’m able to quickly pick up a more personalized gift. Plus, if I’m shipping it to you, I can avoid the post office!
- Despite paying for it upfront, Prime saves you money. We were literally in a craft store looking at furniture felt sheets to put on the bottom of our couch so we don’t scratch the floor when I thought I’d price comparison on Amazon. It was a couple bucks cheaper and shipping was free. A quick few touches on my phone and I saved some money.
- Free music. My computer and hard drive were stolen a few years back. As a result, I have absolutely no music. But with Amazon, I can stream my favorite songs or download albums and play offline.
- Tons of shows. Amazon also allows you to stream hundreds of TV shows and movies. What I like about it is you can download these shows to your phone so you don’t have to use your data. An added bonus is you can also watch underground on the subway. My husband has been enjoying Sons of Anarchy while I may have kicked it old school with 90210. And yes, we binged old episodes of Survivor all summer.
Do you have Amazon Prime? What do you like best about it?
This blog post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links provide us with a small commission, at no charge to you. We appreciate your support in helping us keep this blog running.