I know it’s only November but for some, I know when the calendar turns to this month the Christmas music starts playing. For me, there are a few things I need to do in order to get into the Christmas spirit.
- I need to watch Home Alone and read every article about 10 things you didn’t know about Home Alone. But at this point, I know all these facts anyways, but I will still find myself reading these articles.
- I need to watch my favorite scene from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. It doesn’t matter if you have kids, nephews, or nieces, this clip probably will make you laugh.
- Keeping the Sesame Street theme going, I need to watch a Muppet Family Christmas. This is not to be confused with The Muppet Christmas Carol, but rather a straight-to-tv film featuring Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and the Muppets. It’s an all-time classic
- I have to drive in my minivan, with ‘N Sync’s Christmas album playing at least once, feeling creeped out during Under My Tree and skipping it halfway through.
- I have to listen to Pandora’s Christmas station and give a thumbs up to Manheim Steamroller Carol of the Bells.
- And of course, I need to set up my Christmas tree.
Distinguished Concerts International New York presents Messiah….Refreshed! at Carnegie Hall on November 27 at 2pm and will feature performers from around the world and soloists from the Metropolitan Opera. Here’s a clip!
This powerful rendition of the beloved holiday favorite – dubbed “not your great-grandfather’s Messiah” by New York Concert Review – takes full advantage of a large-scale orchestra and chorus,emphasizing the majesty and grandeur of Handel’s telling of Christ’s incarnation, death, and resurrection. DCINY has become the foremost champion of this re-orchestration, with their annual performance kickstarting the holiday season while garnering sell-out crowds and critical acclaim.
Enter below to win a pair of tickets to this concert, or you can purchase tickets here, starting at $20. Not sure if you will be around yet on the 27th? No problem – you can watch on Facebook Live.
Two Tickets to Messiah Refreshed
This blog post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links provide us with a small commission, at no charge to you. We appreciate your support in helping us keep this blog running.